Hey! My name is Freya Laskowski, the founder of Collecting Cents.
Before this blog became a successful finance blog and I started to educate myself on personal finance, I was pretty much in the same boat you are probably in now.
I spent money on things that did not matter and went through a good part of my younger years trying to deal with everything from insecurities to anxiety by getting a new pair of jeans.
A lot of people deal with credit card debt, counting pennies to put food on the table, and having to worry about retirement.
This blog was started at the point in my life when I decided I really did not want to live like that. I can’t imagine being part of the corporate world at this point in my life. The idea of a company pushing me to the point where I have no energy left only so that I can survive does not sound like a good game plan to me.
I started this website to put my thoughts to paper (or keyboard), reach people who are in a similar position as I once was, and to create a community around that goal that a lot of us share.
I don’t focus on the ‘paid off $50,000 in debt in 6 months’ stories because they simply aren’t true (unless you very suddenly become a trust fund baby).
I try my best to focus on the real stuff- finance tips that I believe can help you get to where you want to be the right way.
The right way? I believe that means understanding the way to work the market to your advantage, budgeting your ass off, and figuring out ways to generate a passive income.
It does not matter whether that income is small or big, what matters is that it is growing, supplementing your main income, and consistent.
A lot of what I talk about comes from my own personal experience and if I learn something knew, you guys will be the first to know.
Not being able to raise a few hundred dollars during an emergency or not investing what you have are problems you should not be dealing with.
Understanding how to plan my finances and stay on top of things has let me stress less and have a more flexible schedule.
Working online means I get to experience things that a 9-to-5 simply would not allow me to and truthfully I have spent years understanding the ins and outs of the world of entrepreneurship because being able to call the shots in my own life matters to me.
More about me…
After this website started making a few thousand dollars, I started a second business that focuses on helping companies improve their rankings on Google through backlinks and good SEO practices.
At this point, I have managed to make my online pursuits a six-figure business and of course there are months that are simply bad months but in general, the internet has been full of opportunity for me and also for plenty of others like me and you.
Whether you are here to budget, ditch your 9-to-5, make retirement less stressful, or all of the above- you are in the right place.
You can start by taking a look at the menu on top of this page and going through the different categories (making money, debt payoff, credit, etc.).
You could subscribe to my mailing list by filling the form below so we can stay in contact that way or lastly you could just explore this site by jumping from one page to another.
Subscribe and get the free saving challenge Printable!
Having a simple money saving challenge to keep yourself on the right track can help you save a pretty neat $1,78 every single year. Start building your wealth today with this first step.
Here are some articles I have worked on in collaboration with other websites:
- 10 Steps You Can Take To Organize Your Finances This Year
- Retiring in Vietnam: How Much Does It Cost?
- The 5 Things Your Online Business Needs to Focus on During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- The 8 Best Financial Rules of Thumb You Won’t Regret
- 5 Ways to Build Links through Content Marketing
- 7 Best Online Invoicing Tools For Digital Agencies
- The Most Affordable Places to Get Married in the US
- 8 Rags to Riches Stories: How These Millionaires & Billionaires Became Wealthy
- 7 Sales Funnel Examples to Inspire Your Own- CoSchedule
- The 5 Types of Blog Posts Every Company Needs
- 5 Instagram Marketing Strategies That Will Double Your Sales
- 9 Ways to Optimize Your eCommerce Store’s Conversion Rate
- 9 Effective Lead Generation Ideas to Market in the Digital Age
- 9 Best Practices for Conversion Rate Optimization in 2021
- How to Build a Real Estate Marketing Campaign Step-by-Step
- 13 leadership qualities every manager can’t live without
- How to Run a Successful Voice of the Customer (VoC) Program
- 5 Rewarding Careers That Let You Be Your Own Boss
- 18 Content Marketing Tools You Need to Try
- 7 Steps to Develop an Ideal Candidate Profile
- 9 Copywriting Mistakes That Plummet Conversion Rates
- Top 10 SaaS Metrics You Need To Be Tracking
- 8 Amazing Sales Funnel Examples That Boost Conversions
- 9 Copywriting Tips & Practices to Write Persuasive Copy
- Content Management Workflow: A Step by Step Guide to Create Your Very Own – CoSchedule
Websites that have quoted or interviewed me
- The best way to deal with difficult clients, according to 4 seasoned freelancers and business owners — Business Insider
- The 37 Mistakes We Make When Shopping At Costco, Amazon, Target and Walmart- GOBankingRates
- How To Create A Successful Business Online: Experts Roundup!
- 30 Entrepreneurs Share Their Goals for 2020
- Best Micro-Investing Apps- Finance101
- Millennials and Credit Card Debt: 9 Myths That Hold You Back
- The most creative link-building tactics – 33 examples
- How To Be A Digital Nomad: 11 Digital Nomads Answer
- How to Cut Expenses in the Age of Pandemic
- 50 Ways to Prepare for a Recession- Cheapism
- Banks Are Adapting to Meet New Needs Because of Coronavirus
- Don’t Ignore These Business Books When Starting A Business
- The Top Financial Mistakes People are Making During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- 11 Work-from-Home Tips for Improving Efficiency
- The Rise in Online Learning Activities During COVID – 19
- Best PayPal Alternatives for SMBs (International Transactions)
- 7 Experts Share Their Best Hacks for Saving Money
- How To Invest In A Post-COVID-19 World – 45 Financial Experts Weigh In
- What 2021 Content Marketing Trends Should Businesses Plan For?
- Sales Cycles: An Actionable Guide to Sales Cycle Management
- On-Page vs. Off-Page SEO: 131 Marketers Tell Us Where They Stand
If you have questions, want to partner up, or have any ideas on how we could potentially work together- email is your best bet. Here is more info…
Email: [email protected]. com
A Note On Guest Post Pitches
If you want to submit a guest post- please include published samples, your expertise in a brief paragraph, and any other info you think might be important.
© CollectingCents and collectingcents.com, 2022. Use and/or duplication of articles, images, and website content is strictly prohibited. A direct link may be used if credit is given to Freya Laskowski at CollectingCents and collectingcents.com. All rights reserved.